Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lwmosher
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Officejet pro k5400 prints one or two pages max and then stops with flashing paper jam and power

Officejet Pro K5400
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The problem has existed for years with multiple computers and multiple operating systems.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,362 11,330 486 545
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Officejet pro k5400 prints one or two pages max and then stops with flashing paper jam and power

@lwmosher

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Have you made any hardware/software changes?
  • Did you make any changes to the settings of your PC or Printer prior to the issue?
  • Have you tried HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows? Click here to use HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows

While you respond to that, let's try these steps: 

Firstly, let's start with printing a self-test page

1. Press the Power button () to turn the product on.

2. Press and hold the Power button ().

3. Press the Cancel button () once.

4. Release both buttons.

Note: IMPORTANT: Try to print a self-test report after every solution even if the solution appears to resolve the issue.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
lwmosher
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have tried all of the suggestions before.  The test page always prints and upon completion the lights start flashing and I have to turn off the printer and turn it back on to continue to print the next page or two.  I have not changed the printer settings or the computer settings and the problem exists with different computers using different operating systems.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,362 11,330 486 545
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@lwmosher

Thank you for posting back. 

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation