02-12-2020 07:37 PM
The problem has existed for years with multiple computers and multiple operating systems.
02-15-2020 11:02 AM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Have you made any hardware/software changes?
- Did you make any changes to the settings of your PC or Printer prior to the issue?
- Have you tried HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows? Click here to use HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows
While you respond to that, let's try these steps:
Firstly, let's start with printing a self-test page
Press the Power button () to turn the product on.
Press and hold the Power button ().
Press the Cancel button () once.
Release both buttons.
Note: IMPORTANT: Try to print a self-test report after every solution even if the solution appears to resolve the issue.
- Step one: Remove loose paper from the tray
- Step two: Clear the paper jam from the rear of the printer
- Step three: Remove jammed paper from the front of the printer
- Step four: Make sure that the carriage can move freely
- Step five: Print a self-test report. Click here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-k5400-printer-series/2511747/document/c0195003... to complete the troubleshooting steps.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
02-15-2020 11:49 AM
I have tried all of the suggestions before. The test page always prints and upon completion the lights start flashing and I have to turn off the printer and turn it back on to continue to print the next page or two. I have not changed the printer settings or the computer settings and the problem exists with different computers using different operating systems.
02-15-2020 12:06 PM
Thank you for posting back.
I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee