Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Office inkjet 8710
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,  I recently changed ISP and they set up a new router. I have been trying to get my Officejet 8710 to connect to the new network but my devices are not picking it up.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers about 3 times now.  On the HP easy start, it keeps popping up that it can't find it.  This is the same for the HP printer and scan doctor.  I have tried to set up a new port but it cannot find the printer either.

I have tried to set it up with the USB cable and this allows me to print and scan while that is plugged in but won't when I am trying to do it over the wireless.

It is set as the default printer, it is connected to the same network as my computer.

It prints which is interesting but it won't scan, it comes up as the device cannot be found on the HP scan and capture.

On the All in one remote it comes up with printer offline and then a random ip address for the device.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Running the diagnostics at http://www.hp.com/go/tools may help resolve the issue.  Download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor.

You mention the IP address seems random - are the first three digits in the IP address of the printer the same as the computer?  If you put the IP address of the printer in your browser does it open the printer's Embedded Web Server (EWS)?  If it does it may help to set a static IP address on the printer.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.