Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
4630 all in one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I try to print it says I am offline and won't print. It just stores the job. My scan is working as well as my wireless. How can I get the printer to say online or fix the problem if that is not the case. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Problem resolved by downloading Windows 10 update of April 12. Keeping fingers crossed.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue.

If you encounter any printing issues like, printer is offline, no printing, print job disappear, no printer found, scan issues etc,

you can download the HP Print Scan doctor from HP website. It will diagnose and fix the problem for you.

Here is the link
http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-926&h_lang=en&h_client=s-h-e013-1&h_keyword=dg-NDU

If you want to know what it can do.. read the document here
http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03286146

Happy Printing

Click on the "Thumbs up"button on the bottom to say "Thanks"

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)

HP Recommended

@spuddy71 wrote:

When I try to print it says I am offline and won't print. It just stores the job. My scan is working as well as my wireless. How can I get the printer to say online or fix the problem if that is not the case. Thanks.

Make and model number of router? 

These settings are for setting up your wireless (or wired) printer to:

• Stay connected to your router
  • Fix printer ‘offline’ status
  • Keep all wireless devices better connected
  • Makes your router more secure and hack proof
  • May speed up wireless printing

While DHCP is convenient, devices such as printers (wired and wireless) should always be assigned a static (fixed) IP address manually to avoid conflicts on your wireless network and must be outside the DHCP range of the router.  After setting the static IP, the computer must be updated under Printer Properties/Ports to know this new static IP address. 

1. Set a static IP in the printer (click here) outside the DHCP range of the router (check your manual). This is for Linksys routers but can be used for all routers. Verify your DHCP range and change this first if needed. More Wireless Printing help is here and here   and even more here.  Video here explains the problem and how to fix the problem.
  2. Verify in the printer that 'Auto Off/Sleep/Energy Saving Mode' is disabled and/or the System Mode Time Out is set to zero (0). Use the Embedded Web Server (EWS) by going to the printers IP address in your browsers address bar, click Settings Tab/Auto Off. Or use the Printer Assistant, Printer Home Page (EWS). Also check your Printer Properties.
  3. If the printer supports and has IPv6 enabled, turn off IPv6 in the printer.
  4. Make sure printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet and not into a UPS, power strip or surge protector. This will cause the printer to drop offline and disconnect (yes verified!).

Additional steps to be taken if you continue to have the problem (if they are posted):

HP Recommended
Problem resolved by downloading Windows 10 update of April 12. Keeping fingers crossed.
HP Recommended

After reading many posts and responses with suggestions for connectivity to the printer ...which have  not worked,

I have decided that printer is "OFF LINE" is because of a MS update to 10. 

I have a HP 8620.

What is the solution?

Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.