Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8710
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Community, 

I just got the printer Officejet Pro 8710 from one of my friends and I just enrolled in the Instant Ink program to use the cartridge that comes with the printer. However, I continuously received the error message of "printhead missing, failed or incompatible" even after operating all sorts of troubleshooting methods on  HP Support. 

Since the detection still shows almost full ink of my printer, I wonder if the new cartridge will be sent since I just newly enrolled?

Or is there any other way to fix this?

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Did you try the steps in this link?

If yes, then you will need to get a new printer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

Yes, I've tried all these. So it means that since my printer has a old damaged cartilage, there's no way I can get a new cartilage even I'm a new user?

HP Recommended

It is not a cartridge problem but a printhead one.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Yes, I understand. 

But isn't the replacement of Instant Ink also gives you a new printhead? Did I misunderstand it?

HP Recommended

The printhead is covered by the printer warranty if that is still valid.

HP Recommended

Got it. It's not in the warranty anymore. 

Thank you. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.