Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 1000
Chrome OS

I was recently given an old Deskjet1000(j110a). I cannot for the life of me figure out how to connect it to wifi. There is no cord to connect to my computer via USB and I am debating buying one, but wanted to look for a solution to connect wirelessly first. I also didn't see that cord in the video regarding setup so I don't know if it will even help.

I have read through the setup instructions and it says for a printer without a touch screen(mine), press the wifi button and then the WPS button on the router, this will prompt wifi connection. My printer has one button, the one the turns it on and has the "on" icon, and no other button that I can locate anywhere. How then do I connect to the internet?

I have tried pushing the WPS button after powering on the printer and nothing changes. I have found the HP Print Chrome Extension and I have entered the IP address for my wifi but that is not changing anything. 

Help me please!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It did not solve the issue, but I just ended up using an older laptop with Windows and downloading the driver. Thanks for your help!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

The 1000 has only a USB port to connect it to your Chromebook there is no WiFi hardware in it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

I have received the USB cable and it is now plugged in and listed in my Chromebook settings as the printer, but when I click print or hit ctrl+p, it never loads the options for the destination. It is perpetually loading. My Chromebook is updated and I don't know what to do now.

HP Recommended

Unplug the printer, restart the chromebook & try printing again.

Does the destination option work?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

It did not solve the issue, but I just ended up using an older laptop with Windows and downloading the driver. Thanks for your help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.