Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 2710
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

Hi guys!

I need an older version of HP Smart App or a similar HP App, to be able to connect wirelessly to my printer!

My printer did not succeeded to connect with my router WiFi!

Thank you! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Epuscasu

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the connectivity issue. 

HP Smart app is compatible with only with Mac running macOS 10.12 or later. 

There are different ways to connect the printer, please try these steps -

Method#1 WPS Push button -

Network Restore - Press the Wireless button and the Cancel button from the printer control panel at the same time, and then hold them for three seconds.

If the router has a WPS push button, try these steps -

1) Press and hold the Wireless button on the printer for more than three seconds to start WPS push mode. The Wireless light starts blinking.

2) Press the WPS button on your router.

NOTE: THE MOMENT YOU PRESS THE WIRELESS BUTTON ON YOUR PRINTER, WITHIN 30 SECONDS YOU SHOULD PRESS THE WPS BUTTON ON THE ROUTER.

Method#2 Running Wireless Wizard from EWS -

You may also, try the below mentioned steps. This involves connecting the printer using Wi-Fi Direct and then running the Wireless Wizard from the EWS - 

1) Connect the printer using the Wireless Direct. Please refer to page#23 from the User Manual for steps. 

2) Open the browser and in the address or the URL bar type this - 192.168.223.1 to launch the EWS or the printer's page.

3) Go to the network tab > Wireless (802.11) and click on the Wireless Setup Wizard.

Once the printer is connected, the Wi-Fi LED on the printer will become solid.

Method#3 Changing from a USB to a Wireless Connection -

You may also refer to this document - HP Printers - Changing from a USB to a Wireless Connection

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Epuscasu

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the connectivity issue. 

HP Smart app is compatible with only with Mac running macOS 10.12 or later. 

There are different ways to connect the printer, please try these steps -

Method#1 WPS Push button -

Network Restore - Press the Wireless button and the Cancel button from the printer control panel at the same time, and then hold them for three seconds.

If the router has a WPS push button, try these steps -

1) Press and hold the Wireless button on the printer for more than three seconds to start WPS push mode. The Wireless light starts blinking.

2) Press the WPS button on your router.

NOTE: THE MOMENT YOU PRESS THE WIRELESS BUTTON ON YOUR PRINTER, WITHIN 30 SECONDS YOU SHOULD PRESS THE WPS BUTTON ON THE ROUTER.

Method#2 Running Wireless Wizard from EWS -

You may also, try the below mentioned steps. This involves connecting the printer using Wi-Fi Direct and then running the Wireless Wizard from the EWS - 

1) Connect the printer using the Wireless Direct. Please refer to page#23 from the User Manual for steps. 

2) Open the browser and in the address or the URL bar type this - 192.168.223.1 to launch the EWS or the printer's page.

3) Go to the network tab > Wireless (802.11) and click on the Wireless Setup Wizard.

Once the printer is connected, the Wi-Fi LED on the printer will become solid.

Method#3 Changing from a USB to a Wireless Connection -

You may also refer to this document - HP Printers - Changing from a USB to a Wireless Connection

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you Asmita! Your solutions has everything working!

HP Recommended

Hi @Epuscasu

That's great! Happy to hear that. If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day ahead!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.