cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

On HP Envy 120 when the door opens and closes I am unable to start by pressing the display button.

HP Recommended

Display on/off button does not work all the time.

however if I open the door and move the power cable it starts up. Is there a better cable connection for this ???

Seems that the vibration of the door opening and closing has loosened the power cable. 

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Level 9
2,840 2,849 192 607
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi dotico1,

Make sure the printer is on a flat surface.  I recommend unplugging the power cord from the back of the printer and the power source.  If there is a power module as a part of the power cord, the cord can be unplugged from one side.  Remove the power cord from the power module.  After one minute, plug the cord into the power module, then directly to a wall outlet.  Plug the cord to the back of the printer.  Make sure all connections are secure.  Is there any change?

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Unplugging does not help, once the door closes the printer will not turn on. If the door is open it works.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
2,840 2,849 192 607
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Vibration from the door should not cause a problem.  You might try doing a Semi Full Reset.  If successful, this would reset the printer to factory defaults and clear the memory.  If the printer was on a wireless network, it would be taken off and would need to be reconnected.  If you want to give this a try, I can send the steps in a private message to your HP Forums in-box.  I would need you to agree not to publish the steps.  Let me know what you decide.

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OK send the steps, I will not post them. As now the door stays open and will not shut.

Thank you for the help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
2,840 2,849 192 607
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have sent the steps to your HP Forums in-box.  Let me know how it goes. 

Good Luck !

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi. Rich 1. I would like you to send reset info. I can get printer to work if I manually open door. Many thanks
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem. Please send the reset instructions.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation