Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop 6835
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Received message that one or more cartridges were missing or damaged. i tried replacing with new cartridge and received the same message. These cartridges are too expensive to just discard.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Which cartridge have you replaced?

What exact error is shown on the printer?

Be sure to review the indicated cartridge, there will be a cartridge indication below the error message (a colored circle with the affected cartridge - K/Y/M/C)

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

I replaced all three of the color cartridges (935). All were acceptable, except for the Yellow. The error message is: One or more cartridges appear to be missing or damaged." The Y is indicated as the troublesome cartridge.

I have tried replacing that cartridge with another and received the same message. I put the almost spent cartridge in and it was acceptable (although low on ink). 

I went to settings in the PC and the error message there is "no toner/ink".

With the old Y cartridge I was able to print the Network Configuration Page. 

I have a supply of 934 and 935 cartridges and don't want to  go to another printer that doesn't use these cartridges.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.