01-05-2020 10:56 AM
Hoping someone out there can help me please?! My printer will only print documents in black & white when sent from my laptop, yet will print in colour when sent from my iPhone.
I have changed the ink cartridges, ran a Print Quality Diagnostic & cleaned the cartridges which were all fine but it still hasn't resolved the problem.
The Model is the HP Officejet 4658, I have also downloaded the latest version of software & also the HP Smart App.
I have a Lenovo ideapad 33OS which operates on Windows 10
Your help would be most appreciated! Thank you
01-07-2020 06:13 PM
Welcome to HP support community.
Did you uninstall the driver from root level?
Perform root level uninstallation to remove all the printer related software's.
- In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
- Select your HP printer.
- Select Uninstall.
- In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
- In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
- Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
- Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
- Click on Drivers tab.
- Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
- Select OK.
- Remove all instances of the same.
- Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
- Close Devices and Printers.
- Restart the PC again.
Download and install printer full feature driver
Click here to download the driver.
Update the printer firmware
Follow the steps mentioned in this HP document to update firmware:- Click here
Once you install the printer, change the bellow settings to print in color.
- Open Devices and Printers by clicking the Start button , and then, on the Start menu, clicking Devices and Printers.
- Right-click the printer that you want to use, and then click Printing preferences.
- Make your choices, and then click OK.
- Under option Print color select color , then the OK button.
Let me know how it goes.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee