07-11-2018 08:22 PM
The black cartridge is not empty, but doesn't print - only the colour bits print. Also after printing it prints a test page with a red arrow and exclamation mark, but no info on what's wrong (possibly that was supposed to print in black). What does this mean?
Tried cleaning printer cartridges with the app but it says I have to use the full-featured software, whatever that is, to access the print quality settings...
07-12-2018 06:41 PM
Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂
I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers & meet like minded tech enthusiasts!
As I understand the device only prints in color,
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Did you check if the copier works fine as a standalone device?
- Have you attempted to reinstall the printer driver via root level technique?
While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:
- Press "Windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window.
- Type "services.msc" to get Services - Go to "Print spooler" - Right-click and "Stop" the service.
- Now again open "Run" - Type "spool" and ok - Go to PRINTERS folder - delete everything in that folder.
- Go to services again - Start the print spooler.
- Now check for issue resolution.
- If the issue persists, also try clean installing the printer drivers. Here are the steps:
- First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
- Go to Control panel - Programs and feature - Select all the HP printer entries and uninstall them.
- Now go to Control panel - Devices and printer - Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
- Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
- Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
- Again, go to the Run window, type - "c:/programdata" - Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
- Restart your computer.
Then, use this link to access the HP website, find the full feature drivers compatible with your windows and install it: Click here
If a full feature driver from HP is not available for your printer, you must install the built-in print driver. A full feature driver for one or more Windows versions is not available for your printer, either from the CD that shipped with your printer or from the HP website.
Where is the download button? The HP print driver is built into the Windows operating system or is installed through the Windows Update feature on your computer. You do not need to download anything from a website in order to print, scan, or fax.
See the Frequently asked questions in this document for additional information, including how to scan using this driver.
FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE
(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)
Keep me posted,
For I (Or a trusted colleague) shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed,
And your device is up and running again, if you don't get back to us 😉
that said, If the information I've provided was helpful,
give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,
that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
I am an HP Employee
01-06-2020 02:52 PM
The name of the printer is hp Deskjet 2630. It is new ( just purchased last autumn). There is ink in the black cartridge but it has started printing blue. Up until that it had printed black. it recently printed a page with rows of small blue vertical lines and at the bottom of the page a red arrow with exclamation mark inside . to the right of this is written IMPORTANT and two arrows pointing downwards.