Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8500 A910
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have done the diagnostic test and everything is working , print heads etc.  When printing the color inks print but not the Black ink and all cartridges are full of ink. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

The troubleshooting steps in the document here may help resolve black not printing on your Officejet Pro 8500a A910 printer.  You mention the printheads are working - does black print in the test page as described in Step 3?

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

The printhead is not accepting the black ink and I have two cartridges and tried both of them and still the printhead is still not acknowledging and of the printer is not accepting the black ink cartridge.  How could this be that both cartridges are not being accepted ? 

HP Recommended

When you say the black cartridges are not being accepted - is there an error message about a cartridge, or do you mean that they do not print black but otherwise do not indicate an error?

Are the cartridges genuine HP?  What are the dates on the cartridge?

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

No error whatsoever .  It prints any color other than the black ink. 

But because I am totally frustrated never mind I just bought an Epson with cheaper ink cartridges. I  have had this printer since 2012  and there is not fixing this issue and it is about time to change to something cheaper and with cheaper ink cartridges ! 

HP Recommended

Before you toss the 8500 - Are the cartridges genuine HP?  What are the dates on the cartridge?

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.