05-08-2020 12:23 PM
I keep getting a message that the output tray is full on my HP 9025 printer when it isn't.
05-14-2020 09:43 AM - edited 05-14-2020 09:46 AM
@KLBlew, Welcome to HP Support Community!
Let us try to isolate and resolve the issue. Follow the steps below-
Check for any paper jams or obstructions in the output tray.
Reset the printer
- Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed
Update the printer firmware
Download available firmware updates from the HP website
With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates. Refer to the document HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware
If the issue persists, the only option left is to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.
The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may brick the device.
I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset, and re-initialize the printer.
In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.
Hope this helps!
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee