Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Smart Tank Plus 555
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When printing solid blocks of colour, the printer leaves white horizontal lines inside them. This is especially noticeable in "Normal" or "Draft" printing modes; it's not as bad in "Best".

So I tried doing a cleaning of the print heads (using the HP Smart program on the computer), but that has not helped: the stripes remain.

I tried to take a look at the print heads themselves, but the printer won't let me: when I open the front panel, it does not allow me access to the print heads. (It assumes there's nothing wrong with them, apparently.)

So what can I do now? Do I need to return the printer? My other problem I posted about two months ago - https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Inkjet-Printing/Smart-Tank-555-won-t-feed-glossy-paper/m-p/7638387#M87... - has also never been solved.

I also have the problem that the printer does not print enough yellow. Not just when printing from the computer, but also when making colour copies of photographs (using the scanner): yellow comes out too light compared to the original; orange comes out too red, etc. Could that be the same printhead-related problem, or do I need to make a different post about that?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@MrLister

Welcome to the HP support community.

There seem to be multiple issues with the printer.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your answer. However, there is no "Show options" on that page. There is only "HP Virtual Agent" (the toy for wasting your time with), and "Message us", which seems to direct me to the UK site of WhatsApp. What am I supposed to to there? Reiterate what the problems are?

HP Recommended

Hi @MrLister,

I have sent you a private message with the details of the phone support team, can you check.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.