Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 5540
macOS 10.12 Sierra

A small spring has dislodged inside the output tray such that the extender tray will not retract.  I have opened the tray but cannot readily ascertain where the spring should reattach.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Did you even read my message? No matter. I have fixed the problem already.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi! @ShooterQ, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand that you have issues with output tray on your printer.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Resetting the printer can force some types of scanners to calibrate which might fix the problem.
Remove any items from the scanner glass and automatic document feeder (ADF), then close the scanner lid.
With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer and from the wall outlet or power strip.
Wait at least 60 seconds.
Plug the power cord back into a wall outlet.
HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to a wall outlet.
Reconnect the power cord to the printer.

We don't have service manuals for printers, you have to contact HP and get the service options.

Link to contact HP.

Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

Have a beautiful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Did you even read my message? No matter. I have fixed the problem already.
HP Recommended

@ShooterQ, Thanks for your quick response and time.

I'm glad that you were able to fix the problem yourself.

We don't have hardware service manuals for any HP printers, It has to be sent to a service center to get it fixed.

If you have any queries in future related to any HP products, you can always reach out to us.

We will try our best to help you out.

Take care,            

Have a great day!  🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

How did you fix this? I have a similar problem, opened up the tray and there is a little spring which was dislodged but cant figure out where it goes.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.