01-19-2020 10:35 PM
my in use HP printer suddenly out of order & i replaced with this 'deskjet ink advantage 2515' temporary .At first its running smoothly and can print anything, the error starts when i wanted to scan & copy .None of this is functioning, after 1 day i can even print from PC. Already download software ,uninstall old printers & install back ,on the last step to finish by printing alignment ,the screen shows 'device busy'. I already uninstall & reinstall for few times,still the error,pls help
01-22-2020 11:44 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.
Try making a standalone copy and check if that works. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Update the printer firmware
Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
Check the scanner bar functionality
Perform a visual test of the scanner mechanism to see if it is jammed.
- Remove any original documents or photos from the scanner glass.
- Lift the scanner lid slightly, and then press the Copy button or icon.
If the scanner light does not move or moves halfway or is not lit, the scanner mechanism is likely jammed/broken.
Run HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and fix any driver issue on the PC
Click here to download the file. Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and click on 'Fix printing'.
If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee