Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 4525
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HELLO, my HP ENVY 4525 printer only prints white paper, can you help me? thank you

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Hi @AnnickP ,

Welcome to the HP Support-Community.

Please do this test with both cartridges: 

Take a handkerchief and the cartridge. Now press the cartridge like a stamp on the handkerchief for about 2-3 seconds. You should see a strong, colored strip, consisting of black / magenta, blue and yellow. Is this the case?
If there is no or very little ink on the handkerchief, moisten the handkerchief slightly and press the cartridge again, this time for about 30 seconds on it, until more ink comes out.
Afterwards, re-insert the cartridge and run a cartridge clean, if necessary.

What is the result?

Cheers!

Nils

Did you get a solution to your question? Please mark it as solved.

Did a post help you? Please click on the "thumbs up", to show this and actively help others.

I don't work on behalf of HP. | HP Expert program 

HP Recommended

Hi Nils_K,

Thank you for your answer. I 

I tried the solution you suggested to me but it doesn't work. do you have another idea? do I have to change the cartridges? Thanks for your help . Annick

HP Recommended

Hi,

was there ink on the handkerchief?

Cheers!

Nils_K

Did a post help you? Please click on the "thumbs up", to show this and actively help others.

HP Recommended

Hi Nils,

Yes there was ink when I moistened the handkerchief, on the two cartridges.

but nothing when I tried to print !

what can I do ?

Regards,

HP Recommended

Hi,

@AnnickP wrote:

Hi Nils,

Yes there was ink when I moistened the handkerchief, on the two cartridges.

Can you take a photo from the handkerchief and upload it here to the community? I would like to see it. 

Cheers!

Nils

HP Recommended

Hi Nils,

Here is the  photo of the handkerchief.

What do you think about it ?

Thank you very much !

Annick

20200724_091707.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi Annick,

I think both cartridges are empty. The black strip should be much stronger than on the handkerchief. 

What are the estimated ink-levels?

Cheers!

Nils

HP Recommended

Hi Nils,

The color ink level is correct, black and white indicates an exclamation point !
The color printing did not work anymore , why?

I can try to change both cartridges but I would like to be sure that this will solve the problem!

when I use the HP troubleshooter it indicates there is no problem, yet I only print blank pages.

Thank you very much for your answer,

Annick

HP Recommended

Hi Annick,

@AnnickP wrote:

The color printing did not work anymore , why?

I think the tri-color cartridge is empty as well as the black one. The color strips on the picture you uploaded should look stronger. 

@AnnickP wrote:

when I use the HP troubleshooter it indicates there is no problem, yet I only print blank pages.

It is normal that problems with the print quality are not displayed, but I am interested in the estimated ink levels. When did you change the cartridges the last time?

Cheers!

Nils

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.