Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

AT THE END OF LAST YEAR I BOUGHT THE HP PHOTOSMART WIRELESS E-ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER (B110A).  I HAVE REPLACED THE COLOUR CARTRIDGES (364) BUT THE BLACK (364) CARTRIDGE I BOUGHT IS NOT THE SAME SIZE AS THE ONE THAT CAME WITH THE PRINTER, IT IS SMALLER AND DOES NOT FIT IN THE SLOT.  HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM?  NOW UNABLE TO USE PRINTER AS BLACK IN IS EMPTY AND CANNOT REPLACE IT AS THE 364 THAT CAME WITH THE PRINTER IS DIFFERENT TO THE ONE PURCHASED SEPARATELY.  VERY FRUSTRATING.

THANKS

KERRY

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks Carolyn.  I will take at look at the 564 cartridge.  Many thanks for your reply hope I can get this resolved otherwise it's back to PC World with the printer for a refund!!

Thanks

Kerry

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi Kerry,

It looks like your printer requires HP 564 ink cartridges. For more information about the supported cartridges, you can visit the HP Photosmart Wireless e-All-in-One Printer - B110a web site, and then click on the "HP Inkjet Printer Cartridges and Ink Supplies" link. Have you tried HP 564 ink cartridges?

I am not sure if this is relevant, but I found an HP support document about the 364 and 564 ink cartridges.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c02435884&lang=en&cc=us&taskI...

- Carolyn
I am an HP employee.

* Click the KUDOS star on the left to say “thanks” for helping!
* Please mark a reply “Accept as Solution” if it solved your issue so others can find it.

HP Recommended

Thanks Carolyn.  I will take at look at the 564 cartridge.  Many thanks for your reply hope I can get this resolved otherwise it's back to PC World with the printer for a refund!!

Thanks

Kerry

HP Recommended

No problem! I know how frustrating it can be to not have a working printer. Please let me know if this fixes your issue.

Thanks!

- Carolyn
I am an HP employee.

* Please mark a reply “Accept as Solution” if it solved your issue so others can find it.

HP Recommended

Hi KezzaH

Note that there are new smaller size black cartridges for the 364's......more details in the link below

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02750681

Hope this helps

Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

The 564 cartridge is for a different region.  HP has four "zones", depending on which country you bought the printer in it could use 178, 364, 564 or 862 cartrdiges.  These are not interchangable, you need to use the proper cartrdige for your region.  In Kerry's case this would be the 364 and the 564 or others would NOT work.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Thanks for clarifying Ciara and Bob!

- Carolyn
I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended
You Buy a printer in good faith....and are up until now are reasonably happy with same.

When you buy a printer HP even give you a little card with the printer cartridge number for easy reference.
Mine had a lovely little card with 364 on it.!!!
I purchased cartridges recently and bought the 364 (em…as you would)....get home and had to print something urgent...try and load the 364 and spend about 15 minutes at same trying to figure out what is wrong, then realise it's just not compatible with the printer.

Will anybody from HP answer me here ? Do I have any recourse ?

If you buy a car part with a part number, a book with an ISBN or print a colour with a Pantone reference it's only reasonable and fair that you get what the number specifies….
Not the case though with the HP 364 printer cartridge !!

If you buy a car part with a part number, a book with an ISBN or print a colour with a Pantone reference it's only reasonable and fair that you get what the number indicates

Extreme frustration and feel to some what I have been conned....and certainly I presume the fair minded amongst you will feel this is somewhat misleading by HP

Yes as per Zacabeb's post on another tread about this I've "become the victim of HPs ingenious move to make two separate types of black ink cartridges with the same series number
HP Recommended

@DisgruntledHP wrote:
You Buy a printer in good faith....and are up until now are reasonably happy with same.

When you buy a printer HP even give you a little card with the printer cartridge number for easy reference.
Mine had a lovely little card with 364 on it.!!!
I purchased cartridges recently and bought the 364 (em…as you would)....get home and had to print something urgent...try and load the 364 and spend about 15 minutes at same trying to figure out what is wrong, then realise it's just not compatible with the printer.

Will anybody from HP answer me here ? Do I have any recourse ? [snip]

What is your printer model (there are lots of Photosmart Wireless e-All-in-one printers)?  What cartridge do you need - black or photo?  The black cartridge has a pentagon symbol, the photo cartridge has a butterfly symbol.  The two cartridges are NOT interchangable.  The page here has some information that may help.  If you needed a photo cartridge and bought a black cartridge (or vice versa) I would suggest you Contact HP and ask for a replacement.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your suggestion Bob

(Printer is a Photosmart Wireless B110 - and need black ink just to print)

Must say initially got through to a very helpful lady on the contact link you suggested & she gave me another number to call where I spoke with a Holly...

First of all she said that her opinion was not relevant when I asked her if it was reasonable that you could buy cartridges with the same number but that were completely different. ( Are HP employees not allowed to have opinions ?)

She told me I would have to bring the cartridges back to where I purchased them and that it was up to be to try and sort it out myself with them....it was Tescos...so can't see having much success there !

If I made a mistake and purchased say a 363 or a 365 🙂 ...fair enough but quite disillusioned and annoyed with this.

Can’t drive at the moment due to recent surgery and on crutches and normally would just sit in my car, cut my losses and go and buy the correct one…I now have too much time on my hands and normally would not  bother with forums etc but I am quite disgruntled  and intend to see what happens with this till the end  and even if only a matter of principal and costs me significantly more money engaging with some body legal to advise on same as I believe this to be very misleading

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.