Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP PHOTOSMART 7525
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

IT STOPPED PRINTING AND I HAVE CLEANED THE PRINTHEAD. REPLACE INK CARTRIDGES WITH GENUINE HP PRODUCTS. CHECKED THE ROLLERS AND BACK OF PRINTER. 

I HAVE TRYING TO PRING DOCUMENTS FROM MY COMPUTER.

THE PRINTER WILL NOT PRINT PRINT REPORT.

I AM NOT SURE WHAT TO DO.  I HAVE FOLLOWED THE INSTRUCTIONS FROM HP WEBSIDE FOR HELP.  I AM NOT EXPERT ON PRINTERS,  I APPRECIATE YOUR HELP.

JUST A THOUGHT, SHOULD I GO TO BEST BUY AND HAVE THEM CHECK MY PRINTER.  IS WORTH TO REPLACE IT?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND ADVICE.  

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@LBC1962,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support community!

Doing a Power reset may fix this issue.Let's try the following steps:

• Make sure this printer is plugged into a direct wall, not a surge protector.
  • Turn the printer on.
  • Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
  • With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  • Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet. Wait at least 60 seconds
  • Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  • Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  • Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
  • Try making a copy and check if it works.

Let me know what happens.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “KudosThumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping.

ATHARVA_GP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This solution did not help me.  I need to find out why the printer is asking for colorlok@papers for printing.  I don't need this paper.  

I have done all solutions recommened to fix the printer.  The rollers do not pick paper because it asking specific kind of paper.

How do I correct this?

Your help is appreciated.  I have documents I need to print ASAP.

HP Recommended

@LBC1962,

Do you get this alert only when you are printing?

Are you able to make copies from the printer?

Let's try to disable the 'Printer Status Notification' and check if that fixes the issue.

Step 1: Go to the Windows start menu > Control Panel.

Step 2: Select 'View Devices and Printers' under 'Hardware and Sound'. This displays the list of available printers.

Step 3: Right-click the HP printer, and then select Properties. 

Step 4: Click the Device Settings tab.

Step 5: In the Installable Options section, set Printer Status Notification to either Enable or Disable. Click OK.

The following conditions describe the possible situations that can enable or disable the Printer Status Notification setting in the driver's Device Settings properties.

Let me know if it works.

ATHARVA_GP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

I need more help and I may not understat how to go about it to correct the printer.  I have tried a few times to correct but I am not tech savy.  I need further assistant.  Can i speak to live person?

I appreciate your understanding help for me.

Thank you.

Louise Modica

HP Recommended

@LBC1962,

I would request you to contact our HP Support Team for further assistance.

Click on this Link to contact HP.

Cheers!

ATHARVA_GP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.