Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

PRINTHEAD FAIL

HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus e-All-in-One Printer - N911g
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In January of 2019 my printer went from working flawlessly to having the fatal printhead error  overnight.

I don't print much, but after owning the printer for three years at that point, I had just recently spent a ton of money on all four genuine HP cartridges only three months before.  According to the printer settings and info menu, I've only printed 1322 pages.

I am EXTREMEMLY upset that this printer (which cost nearly $300 when I bought it, couldn't even make it up to the page yield of a standard ink cartridge (1500 pages).  I contacted HP support last year and gave up in my communications with them since they only ever contacted me while I was at work, and I couldn't answer, so they closed the case.

Please tell me there's a better way than spending a ton of money on a new printhead.  I know this printer is out of warranty, but even car dealerships will sometimes do a "good faith" warranty to make things right.  I happened on a used 8600 from a restaurant that closed down and this thing is going strong at currently 70,602 pages.  But I want MY printer to work, especially since it still has full ink cartridges in it,  although the way it's going, I'm sure they are currently just wasted money since they had "protected cartridge" enabled so I can't use them in this other printer I have. [edit]

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11
4,001 3,990 469 593
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The devices that are light used fail sooner than the one that is well used and overused.

Your low page count in 3 years could be one of the printheads fail reasons if you have been printing for 1300 pages monthly your page count would be closer to 50k pages. The one with 70 602 pages you mentioned was used every day if it was used for 3 years that makes close to 2000 pages monthly and it's still working.

Život je nekad siv, nekad žut ...

View my profile on LinkedIn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
13,603 13,604 1,303 1,529
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @fuprinthead

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I was just told there are no parts (hardware) available for this printer anymore.  Guess it goes in the trash.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation