Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
7VY3FZ
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

CANT PRINT 270 GSM PHOTO PAPER IN MY H.P DESKJET

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@PBANDO78

Welcome to HP support community.

Provide the printer model number or the product number for further assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

H.P Deskjet GT 5810

HP Recommended

Whenever I try to print a 270 Prismajet super white professional inkjet paper the paper is jammed and there's a lot smearing on the back of the paper. Please help. Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

@PBANDO78

Welcome to HP support community.

Clean the paper rollers

1. Turn on printer.

2. Remove paper from the input tray.

3. Press and hold the Power button, press the Cancel button three times, press the Start Copy Color button seven times, and then release the Power button.

The printer makes mechanical noises. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

4. Try to print. 

Clean ink smears

1. Press and hold the Power button, press the Cancel button three times, press the Start Copy Color button eight times, and then release the Power button.

The printer feeds one page slowly and makes mechanical noises.

2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Manually clean the paper rollers inside the input tray area

1. Turn off the printer, and then disconnect the power cord.

WARNING: 

Disconnect the power cord before reaching inside the printer to avoid risk of injuries or electric shock.

2. Disconnect the USB cable, if it is connected.

3. Raise the input tray.

Raising the input tray

4. Lift and hold the input tray shield.

NOTE: 

Do not remove the input tray shield. The input tray shield prevents foreign debris from falling into the paper path and causing paper jams.

5. Use a flashlight to look through the open input tray and find the gray paper pick rollers.

Photo: paper pick rollers

6. Dampen a long cotton swab with bottled or distilled water, and then squeeze any excess water from the swab.

7. Press the swab against the rollers, and then rotate them upward with your fingers. Apply a moderate amount of pressure to remove dust or dirt buildup.

8. Lower the input tray shield.

9. Allow the rollers to dry (approximately 10 minutes).

10. Reconnect the USB cable to the printer if necessary.

11. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer, and then turn on the printer.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Let me see if it actually helps or not

HP Recommended

@PBANDO78

Yes, try these steps at your leisure and let me know if that works.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

SORRY MATE, IT DIDN'T WORK. IT PRINTS 180 GSM KODAK PHOTO PAPER FINE BUT CAN'T PRINT 270 GSM PRISMAJET PHOTO PAPER

HP Recommended

@PBANDO78

Update the printer firmware

Here are the steps:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.