Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Unknown

I have a HP PageWide Pro 477 DW printer that the Power --> Energysaver ---> Schedule OFF option is not working.

I want or need to know if anyone has this option working in their 477DW printer?

Problem:

I have set the energysaver schedule option for ON: 5:00 am and OFF: 8:00 PM.  The On schedule is working but the Off schedule has never worked.

What have I done?

Since the printer is 6 weeks ago I have contacted HP support (several times) and have done the following:

- No powerstrip

- soft reset (unplug, hold power button 30 seconds, wait 30 seconds, plug in, power on) about 10 times

- factory reset 4 times

- set the schedule several times using EWS and control panel

- using a NTS for the clock

- sleep set to after 5 mintues

- check for latest firmware: MAVEDWPP1N001.1921E.00  Built Date 2019-05-23

Big Question:

Does any other administrator/user using the schedule option have the OFF function working? 

I would like know if it just this printer or a general firmware problem. (if it is working - what's the secret?)

I would appreciate any reply, please. 

Thank you.

BTW: It is a great printer except it will not power off.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The answer is that the printer goes into a "Standby" mode and does NOT power off.  The power button will blink the same as if the machine in sleeping (standby mode).   

Why HP Support or other users did not point me to this link is now the bigger question. 

HEY HP Support, please read your documents on your HP Customer Support - Knowledge Base.

The link is below:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05310227

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I cannot believe no HP "experts" ,HP support,  or  current users could not answer my simple question.

Is the 477DW Power energysaver Option - Schedule On / OFF working for them?

Does not HP Support monitor this site to help them identify firmware or hardware issues with their equipment.  I know the other community forums are used by companies to improve their product and catch bugs  

I thought I would get too many replies about my simple question like ... nope never tried it, yes ,works great, could not get it to work, HP knows about the issue, etc.  instead I received silence.   I am very disappointed with this HP community site and will take this silence into account next time buying office equipment.  

Is there no HP experts (employees) or current 477DW users that subscribe? I am beginning to think this speaks volumes about the 477DW printer.

Sorry if I appear curt,   but I am very shocked that I could not get an answer from my simple question.

HP Recommended

The answer is that the printer goes into a "Standby" mode and does NOT power off.  The power button will blink the same as if the machine in sleeping (standby mode).   

Why HP Support or other users did not point me to this link is now the bigger question. 

HEY HP Support, please read your documents on your HP Customer Support - Knowledge Base.

The link is below:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05310227

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.