Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rudolphus
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Paper Jam Error code Ox6100004a on HP Office Jet Pro 6968

My printer gets very little use since I purchased it on October 13, 2017 from Best Buy in Comstock Park in Michigan.
It has sat idle for over a month then today I turned it on to use it.
It is now displaying error Ox6100004a.

I have watched all the service videos, gone through the machine and can find no paper jams.

The machine is very clean (remember hardly used) and there is no sign of debris.

I have deleted and reinstalled drivers on my computer, Restarted the printer and am still getting the same error.

At this point I am at a loss and would like to take it to a service center.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,398 12,377 817 811
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Rudolphus

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I understand that you are getting a Paper Jam with an error on your HP Office Jet Pro 6968

I'll try my best to help you out.

I appreciate all the troubleshooting steps attempted.

I suggest you perform a Printer Reset

(1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
(2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
(3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
(4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
(5) Wait at least 60 seconds.
(6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
 NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
(7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
(8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

You can refer to this Link: https://hp.care/2hvlM1l

If the issue persists, please contact our Phone Support for Service Options

Step 1. Open link: https://hp.care/2moMFSc
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect 
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

Let me know if you need further assistance

Thank you 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
Tojalitaji
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did not help, and tried all the recommended "helps". This problem started for me with the ink cartridge label sticking the top of its home place. It is a hardly used printer that was "out of warranty" back in March. I have been dealing with this problem since Nov. I find that this problem, with such little use, it is a fault with design of the product and is therefore something that should be fixed as if it were a covered under "lemon law" or a "recall" situation. Since this is not the practice, I will not be recommending this or anymore HP products to anyone anymore, nor will I be purchasing any.. I have used HP as a preferred product since personal computers became a thing (My first printer worked until I could no longer purchase ink, otherwise there was nothing wrong with it!!!). I also note that after your warranty runs out, you have the option to pay $19.99 to have someone "walk" you through a fix over the phone. UM... I just did everything they would have you do, with just basic knowledge of printers. I wouldn't pay you $19.99 to find out there is nothing you can do to fix it except send it in for repair for something that should have been a non warranty fix because your product is flawed! A friend recommended a cheap printer, found at a local store, that is not an HP that works better and has had it for over a year without any of the other issues that I've had... Including the fact that anytime I printed something I had to wait, because it decided to do a maintenance at that time... every time!!! #NOTHAPPYWITHHPANYMORE

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
23,111 23,067 1,935 3,056
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Tojalitaji I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation