Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP 3830 Printer
Unknown

Paper Jam on HP 3830. Printer pulled all (10) papers in the back input tray and now it's jammed. I can't pull it out, bc it appears to be locked and wont gently pull out. Ink cartilage is stuck to the right and will not move either. its locked in place. I have tired un-plugging and re-plugging the cord. that did not work. help.  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hey there! @mgonzalez1

Have you tried checking with a different brand paper?

Try the steps recommended below.

Remove any jammed paper from the ink cartridge access area.

1. Turn off the printer.

2. Disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the printer, if it is not already disconnected.

3. Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

WARNING: 

You must disconnect the power cord before reaching inside the printer to avoid risk of injuries or electric shock.

4. Close the output tray extender, and then push the output tray into the printer.

Image: Close the output tray

5. Open the exterior door.

Image: Open the exterior door

6. Open the ink cartridge access door.

Image: Opening the ink cartridge access door

7. If the print carriage is in the center of the printer, gently slide it to the right.

Image: Slide the print carriage right

8. Gently remove any jammed paper from inside the printer.

Image: Removing jammed paper from inside the printer

NOTE: 

Use a flashlight to thoroughly check for torn pieces of paper that might remain inside the printer. If any torn pieces of paper remain inside the printer, more jams are likely to occur.

9. Close the ink cartridge access door.

Image: Close the ink cartridge access door

10. Close the exterior door.

Image: Close the exterior door

11. Pull out the output tray, and then the tray extender.

Image: Pull out the output tray and tray extender

12. Connect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

13. Connect the USB cable to the rear of the printer if necessary.

14. Press the Power button to turn on the printer.

Try to print.

Refer this article to know more information about paper jam issues with the printer. Click Here

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.