Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
officejet 8210
Microsoft Windows XP

I have the office jet 8210 and for some reason it always cuts off the top of the page when it prints.  Any tips?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Bh23

Welcome to HP support community.

Did you make a copy and check if that prints fine?

Meanwhile:

Print a Print Quality Diagnostic Page

1. Load plain white paper in the input tray.

2. From the home screen on the printer control panel, use the arrow buttons to select Setup, and then press OK.

3. Press the down arrow  to select Print Reports, and then press OK.

4. Press the down arrow  to select Print Quality Report, and then press OK.

A Print Quality Diagnostic Page prints.

Figure : Example of a Print Quality Diagnostic Page without defects

Image: Example of a Print Quality Diagnostic page without defects

If that does not print fine, clean the printhead

1. From the home screen on the printer control panel, use the arrow buttons to select Setup, and then press OK.

2. Press the down arrow  to select Tools, and then press OK.

3. Press the down arrow  to select Clean Printhead, and then press OK.

Cleaning... displays on the control panel. The printer might beep or make mechanical noises, and then the printer prints a printhead cleaning test page.

4. Examine the printhead cleaning test page.

Figure : Example of the printhead cleaning test page

Example of the printhead cleaning test page

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.