01-13-2020 11:44 AM
When I try to print from my Mac I get a paper mismatch error message. Can anyone help please? I have tried disconnecting and then reconnecting my printer, and have also checked that I have the latest drivers etc
01-15-2020 01:11 PM - edited 01-15-2020 01:12 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. To assist you better, I would like to know the following:
- What type and size of paper are you using?
- Have you tried making a standalone copy and check if the issue persists?
- Which application are you trying to print from?
- Have you tried printing different types of documents like PDF, Word or Webpages and check if the issue persists?
For now, let us try these steps:
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Update the printer firmware
Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
Make sure to insert the papers correctly into the printer.
Refer to this document to know how.
Check the print settings and make sure to select the right paper type and paper size before printing.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee