Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium e-All-in-One - N911n
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I cannot get the paper tray auto select to work. I have two paper trays and have Printer Auto Select set from the pull down window, tray one is letter size tray two is legal size. On the printer menu there is no option for paper tray auto select just default tray one or two. I have the paper tray lock set to none. I have checked HP for firmware updates and I have the current firmware and drivers installed.  The program that is giving the most trouble is Word Perfect X9 and Microsoft Word 2016. In these programs I have certain document's size set for legal size and others set to letter size and ever time I print it goes the the default tray. 🤡

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

That’s correct.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

One way to do what you want is to set-up a second printer with the default as tray # 2 with a lock on tray #1.

For the first printer lock tray #2.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

So what you are telling me is auto select feature does not work with this printer?

HP Recommended

That’s correct.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your time!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.