Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 4500
Android 8.0 - 8.1 Oreo

Hi. 

I've tried power cycling and resetting settings but whatever I do my printer is only partiality printing pages from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. Please can someone help? Im only getting a third to half of a page printing at most and I can't connect my phone to the printer directly so have to rely on WiFi. 

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Helatruralhome

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

Are you using the HP Smart App on your phone to print? If yes, please try to uninstall and reinstall it. 

You can use the document below to connect your Printer and phone:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-4500-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5304875/model/5304876/...

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, 

I've tried this and it hasn't made any difference.. 

HP Recommended

I think I have narrowed it down to printing on android as it seems to print OK wirelessly via my husbands laptop. 

Please can you advise how I can fix this? I have uninstalled and reinstalled hp smart, have reset settings on my printer and this is still happening. I am running android 8.0

HP Recommended

@Helatruralhome,

It looks like you were interacting with @Betty0610, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 
I'm the Jeet_Singh & I'm at your service. 

I'm glad you were able to narrow down the problem to be while printing from android phone. Don't worry we'll work together to help you resolve this issue.

Try this steps below:

Remove the app from your Android app.

Perform all the available updates on your phone.

Restart the device.

Disable the "Samsung print plugin" by going to the settings.

Download and install the HP Smart app from the play store.

Let me know how that goes!

Good luck 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi. I have tried this and it hasn't made any difference. 

HP Recommended

@Helatruralhome,

Thanks for the update,

In this scenario, I would suggest you try to HP Print Service Plugin and check.

Remove the app from your Android app.

Perform all the available updates on your phone.

Restart the device.

Disable the "Samsung print plugin" by going to the settings.

Download and install the HP Print Service Plugin from the play store.

For more details, please follow this link

I hope this helps, Let me know outcome 🙂

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂
Regards,.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, 

As I said before I've done all that and it's made no difference. I still can't print using my phone. 

HP Recommended

@Helatruralhome,

Thanks for the update,

As I see you have exhausted all possible steps and nothing has helped to resolve this issue.

In this scenario, I will share you a private message with details. Please watch your inbox for more information.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi unfortunately it's not a pc that's the problem--as I've said it's my android phone. Additionally my printer is out of warranty and I'm not prepared to pay more than the original purchase price for it to be looked at. I'm disappointed as I've only had the printer for 18 months and the service is fire if this cannot be fixed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.