Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 4650
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I recently purchased and installed the HP OfficeJet 4650 All-in-One series printer.  It prints great except for images that I have cut and pasted onto a Microsoft Word document.  It will print all the typed words on the page but cuts the right side and bottom off of the image that was cut and pasted onto the document.  Any help would be appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Print1-_

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP OfficeJet 4650 All-in-One Printer and it prints everything else great but the images that have been cut and pasted into Microsoft Word document. It prints all the typed words on the page but cuts the right side and bottom off of the image that was cut and pasted onto the document.  

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Have you tried printing the image from any other application?
  • Could you check the print preview before printing and check how it looks before printing?
  • Did you select the correct paper size and type from the print settings in Windows?
  • Could you please post and share how the print looks like after printing?

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Click on Start>> Devices and Printers.
  • Right click on your printer and select "Printing preferences."
  • In the printing preferences window, select the paper type/quality tab and choose the appropriate paper size, etc. 
  • Later, click on the Effects tab, please check the resizing options and try to print with "Actual Size" and Print Document on (choose your paper size which is in the printer.).
  • Click on Apply and OK.

Also, please check the print settings in Microsoft Word before printing. I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know.

Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Capture.PNG

Thanks for responding. To answer your questions: 1) I don't have any other way to print the application other than Microsoft word.  My old HP printer didn't have this problem; 2) It looks exactly the way I want it to print in Print Preview; 3)Yes, the correct paper size and type was selected; 4) see pictures above, left side is the printed image - cut off on the right and bottom, image at right is what it looks like on my computer and the way I want it to print.

I tried doing what you recommended but don't find an Effects tab anywhere for resizing options.

HP Recommended

@Print1-_

You're welcome. 🙂

Let's try to stop the cruelty happening on the elephant by printing borderless and also try to print with a border. If that does not help then download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor program. This program will help to fix printing related issue. 

If the issue still persists then I suggest to uninstall the drivers from the root level and then reinstall them by following the below steps:

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers.

You may download and install the drivers from this link

If the printer continues to cut off the image then we could try to install the inbuilt printer drivers from Windows. To know how to install the inbuilt drivers please refer to this link

NOTE: When you get the list of HP drivers to choose from, please select drivers for HP Deskjet 990c and continue with the installation. 

I hope this helps. Let me know what happens. Good luck! 🙂

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem as so many others here...My HP Color Laser Jet Enterprise M553 is cutting off both the bottom and right hand side of my logo.  New logo from designer.  Inserted, did not cut and paste. Prints perfectly on another black and white printer. Tried different steps offered here. Anyone else have the same problem with the M553 Laser Jet?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.