Did you mean: 
Ashleigh1901
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Patchy, uneven printing

Office jet 3831

My printer wont print properly. Have cleaned, deep cleaned and cleaned around nozzles with a bud but still printing poorly. Even put in new cartridges. Half the black text missing and patchy. Any suggestions please?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,259 6,246 337 247
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Patchy, uneven printing

@Ashleigh1901

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Are you able to make a copy?

Align the ink cartridges for the best print quality.

1. Lift the scanner lid.

2. Place the alignment page with the print side down on the scanner glass, and then position it according to the engraved guides around the glass.

Image: Place the alignment page on the scanner glass

3. Close the scanner lid.

4. Touch OK to scan the page and complete the ink cartridge alignment.

If the issue persists, please perform the remaining steps from this document: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-3830-all-in-one-printer-series/7172321/model/97292...

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Ashleigh1901
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Patchy, uneven printing

Hi

Thanks for the reply. Sadly ive tried all of the document you attached. It wouldnt even recognise the alignment page as it was so patchy and missing ink. Luckily i had an alignment page from a previous print. Even with brand new ink cartridges, it remains the same. Printer is just over a year old and barely been used.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,000 10,003 885 1,057
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Patchy, uneven printing

@Ashleigh1901

Appreciate you trying the steps. This looks like an issue with the printer's hardware. I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Thanks!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation