03-25-2020 02:19 PM - edited 03-25-2020 02:21 PM
After Windows update to os version 1909 I can no longer print. I can see the printer and get diagnosis info. I can use the Toolbox to print a 'Print Quality Diagnostics Page'. However, from every application when I print I get a message 'Error - Printing' with no other information. I have tried uninstalling and removing all old drivers and reinstalling, but it always results in a 'Error - Printing' message in the queue. I have tried using the HPPSdr.exe software, but it cannot give any reason for the problem. I have an older Dell Precision which works fine on the same home network.
03-28-2020 04:28 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Are you able to copy from this printer?
While you respond to that, let's try these steps to resolve the issue:
Root level uninstall and reinstallation:
- Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP ENVY Photo 6200 All-in-One Printer entries and uninstall them.
- Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
- Then press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" and press enter.
- Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
- Again, go to run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
Reinstall basic printer drivers: https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/closure/hp-envy-photo-6200-all-in-one-printer-serie...
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
03-29-2020 02:49 AM - edited 03-29-2020 02:51 AM
I have done everything you mentioned before sending the original post as I researched this earlier. As said I can use the maintenance app to communicate with printer and even print a test page. However, for normal printing the only outcome is a 'error printing' message with no further explanation of what the error is. Seems a bit of under development that the software cannot even give a reason for the error.
03-30-2020 12:22 AM
Thank you for posting back.
I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee