Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I am trying to print a 6x4 photo with my HP Photosmart B8550.  Everytime I go to print it, it cuts off part of the picture.  I created the picture in Photoshop at 6x4 and saved it as a jpg.  In the preview it shows up fine but it is NOT right when it prints.  Please advise.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

StephF wrote:

I am trying to print a 6x4 photo with my HP Photosmart B8550.  Everytime I go to print it, it cuts off part of the picture.  I created the picture in Photoshop at 6x4 and saved it as a jpg.  In the preview it shows up fine but it is NOT right when it prints.  Please advise.

The edges of your image will be cut off by a printer that can’t print all the way to the edges of the paper. In order to prevent this, go to the Image Size menu again and decrease the height by 1 inch (thus also reducing the width). When printed, the image will be centered on the paper. You can also choose “Scale to Fit Media” In Page Setup.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

You can also choose 4x6 Borderless photo paper.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

Borderless print is what i have selected and that is where it gets cut off.

When I actually select bordered print...it prints the picture correctly but with a border.

HP Recommended

The printer does not print the entire picture.  It cuts it off at various points during printing.  

HP Recommended

Same exact problem here. Still searching.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem.  HP concluded that the printer was faulty and replaced it, which was great, except of course the problem remains exactly the same.  I have identified that it could be something to do with the pixels, but changing the settings doesn't seem to help.  I either lose the edges of the photographs in both 6x4 and 7x5, or I have a broad white line top and bottom and can't frame the print. 

HP Recommended

why are my photos when being printed from my computer chopping off the top part of the picture

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue. 
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Using an Envy 5530 all in one. My photos get cut off at the head or feet. Tried using border setting and it was worse. Went through a whole package of HP photo paper trying to print one darn picture. Really frustrated. Tried everything from disconnecting the printer to removing the whole thing from my computer and using the dvd to load it again and wait for all the updates. Did not help one little bit. This started after the last software update and I can not seem to get it back to normal. Any suggestions?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.