Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP 7640 Inkjet
macOS 10.15 Catalina

For several years I have struggled to print photos without ruining paper in trying.  Finally a solution that works for me.  Step down to HP Everyday photo paper (not premium), Select the photo wanted in the Photos App.  Select "Print" in the app at the top of the screen.  Select the HP Envy 7640 Series Printer, select paper size, and then leave the Photo Paper choice as simply Photo Paper.  I have the paper in the photo paper tray but the printer says it is 5x7 while in fact it is 4x6.  I have chosen the 4x6/10x15cm selection and it works everytime.  No jams or issues!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Jeanie13

Welcome to the HP Support Community. Great to know that you have tried several troubleshooting steps and have found a solution. kudos to you. It may help other community members with similar issues. Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.