Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

This is ridiculous... I see so many people complaining about the same this with NO SOLUTION in site. I have spent more hours than its worth trying to resolve this issue by doing everything listed possible for a solution and NOTHING is working. Maybe HP should get off their **bleep** and realize this is a problem and make an actual real fix for it instead of insisting that reinstalling this or that will fix it when it clearly IS NOT helping. My printer is about a year old and has been doing this for MONTHS... i would expect a brand new printer would work for more than 6-7 months before completely rendering itself useless. I knew buying an HP would be an effing mistake.
I attached a pic of the print preview on how my photo SHOULD look and another pic taken showing how it is actually printing.... this is so disappointing and unless something is done, I will be contacting the better business bureau!

As you can see from the photos, the first pic shows each pic in FULL and the actual printed version has the photos enlarged and cut off. I have checked every setting on this printer, I have tried everything and nothing is fixing this issue. I am very computer literate and have gone above and beyond to try and fix this. I bought this printer to use, not for it to sit like a lump of crap on my desk and go unused! Here is my number, someone needs to call me and tell me how to fix this... [Personal Information Removed]

Email: [Personal Information Removed]

Printer: HP Envy 7640

preview.jpgprinted image.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Stacypoo

I am sorry you are upset.

Your personal information was removed by our staff -- posting any personal means of contacting you on a public forum is dangerous - inviting strangers to contact you can be a path to losing much more than the time you have spent tryng to print a photo. 

Know that if anyone does call you or email you claiming to have a fix, the call or email is NOT coming from HP.  HP does not contact customers unless that customer first submits for a case / request for service.  This means that you must initiate contact.

Our community is a peer-to-peer forum of users and owners of HP technology.  We are not HP Technical Support.

The results you posted might be due to the settings used in whatever software you are using to send the image to the printer.  

Results can be skewed (off set / magnified / enlarged) due to software with limited range of settings, due to using the available settings incorrectly / incompletely.

Results can be other than expected when the printer is incapable of providing the desired results.  For example, not all printers can print "borderless" and some printers only provide "manual duplex" options.

If you have indeed done "everything", then you are correct:  The printer is incapable of providing the results you seek.

If you would like to ask the community for help, we can try to assist or at least give you what information we have available. 

Having done "everything" covers a LOT of territory when it comes to printing photos.

If you would like to ask for our help, please explain more about what you are doing.

For example:

• Which version of Windows 10 are you using?

• Did the problem initiate after a Windows Update?

If yes to the Windows Update question

• After that incident, did you remove and then reinstall the printer software?  

• Which software / program are you now using to submit the job to the printer?

• Which other software / programs have you tried in an attempt to print the images at 100% of original size?

• What settings are you using in that software?  For example, does the software (you are using) provide an "Actual size" or "100%" size setting?

It appears that you are printing more than one image on the paper.

• Are the images stored on your computer as separate files?

If yes:

• Can you print one photo on standard size paper at the actual dimensions / size you expect?

• What is "standard size" paper where you are located?  For example in the US > Letter (8.5x11in) or UK / Europe = A4 (210 × 297 millimeters or 8.27 × 11.69 inches)

• Select one of the files > What is the size of the file in pixels?

Open File Explorer > navigate to the folder in which you have stored the image files

Right-Click on the photo file >

Properties > tab Details >

Note and report back both the size in Dimensions and the Horizontal/Vertical Resolution

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

First of all, its NOT a setting or software on my end. Its the printers software unable to function with windows 10.  If i have to iniatiate contact, please send me a direct link to where to do so because I can find NOTHING leading me anywhere to do such a thing. 
Regardless of if this forum isnt for tech support... maybe someone at HP should be looking into this issue... it shocks me that you seem to have NO KNOWLEDGE of this issue when I have seen HUNDREDS of people on these forums complaining about the exact same issue with no resolution what so ever.... and there are hundreds more all over the internet complaining about the same problem... its clearly an issue that needs a fix and the only ones who can do it, is HP.... as this is NOT an issue with anything other than HP's software. I made the mistake of buying this printer and regret every minute of it espically considering right now and for the past few months its been nothing but a big pile of plastic unable to be used. Luckily I have an epson as a backup and it works flawlessly.... but the fact that Ive only had this HP for a little over a year and its now useless to me, is a real shame and even more so that HP wont do anything about this issue!

HP Recommended

@Stacypoo

Sometimes, when someone is very upset, people claiming to be HP may contact that person and say they are HP support and they can help.   Most often, after having your left personal information on a public forum, the person contacting you is a scammer, that is, someone who wishes to take advantage of you.  It has happened to others - I would not want it to happen to you.

I meant "initiate contact" simply that if you want to contact HP Technical Support, you have to be the one who calls and / or submits a case to HP Support.   Legitimate companies do not "reach out" to customers without that customer first contacting company support, either by the method noted (calling or submitting a case) or by having a service contract of the type that businesses maintain.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Our original offer still stands -- if you decide you want our help, and that regardless of how ignorant you believe us to be, you can ask for it and in doing so, please provide the information requested.

The fact that you are shocked by my personal lack of knowledge tells me that I am not the Expert you are seeking.  I will now graciously withdraw.

I suggest that if you do decide to ask for our help, that you start a new thread:  Ask your question, provide the type of information requested, and see if any of our Experts would like to assist.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If you would like to do so, you may contact HP Inc to tell HP how you feel:

HP.inc CEO Contact via Email

I would suggest you word the communication with care and respect, that is, provide some substance to the issue and try to remain civil.  (That is a personal opinion - you must do as you think best.)

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

From my experience this is a Microsoft problem  and not HP.  For example, I copied a photo onto Word to print, went to the display menu settings, etc. -- no luck.  Then I printed pdf using an Adobe-affilated print utility.  Once I converted the Word doc to pdf, using print off, no more cutting off when in turn printing the pdf on HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.