Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
9025 HP
iOS

I am unable to print 5 by 7 photos from the photo tray. I know it has to do with the settings because if I change them around sometimes I will get a cut off picture but when I choose the correct setting on the printer itself and from the printing window I can't get the exact image I'm seeing on the screen. I don't get this problem when printing a 4 by 6 or even printing the size of the picture on regular paper. The settings I'm trying to use are 5 by 7 borderless, Photo on glossy paper, and I select the "fit" or fill icon which shows a preview of how I would want it to print.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@josephfam, Welcome to HP Support Community!

If you're trying to print using the HP Smart App, Id suggest you follow the steps below-

Update the printer firmware

Download available firmware updates from the HP website

With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates. Refer to the document HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

Refer to the document HP Printers - Install and Use the HP Smart App for help.

If the issue persists, try removing the app from your iOS device and try adding it back again. Configure the printer and try printing.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The printer is up to date, I have replaced cartridges and aligned the printhead. I change all the settings to what they should be and tried reprinting. I got black streaks on the back "hp" side of the photo paper and not on the finished glossy side.

HP Recommended

@josephfam

Thanks for replying!

This looks like an issue with the rollers in the paper path that is causing the streaks.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem with my HP 9020 printer. I'm now on my second printer in less than 6 months. I need glossy images for presentations that I do for work, and every time I try to print on glossy paper it cuts off part of the image. Also, it has black roller streaks on the other side of the printer. I don't believe it is a software issue, I believe it is a fault in the printer itself. I wish you the best of luck, but I think you're going to find that it's just a trashy printer. This will probably be the last HP printer I ever buy again.

HP Recommended

@gregshuman52, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I've done everything I could possibly do to try and fix this printer. I got a refurbished printer within the first 2 months because my original new printer just died. I don't want to fix this refurbished printer I want a replacement! I paid so much money for this thing, I have not been able to print 1 successful photo or anything on specialty paper and it always sounds like its going to break every time it tries to print specialty paper. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.