Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
ENVY Photo 7155
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Photos print with a green or "washed out" tint whenever I print on photo paper. Printing on regular paper looks fine, and the test page seems to display colors correctly. It stayed the same even after replacing the color cartridge

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @BetaOx

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the print quality issue. 

To better assist you - 

1) Are you using the Photo Paper mean for Inkjet or Laserjet printers? Please refer to this document for supported paper types. 

2) What's the application you are trying to print from? Have you tried printing from a different application or devices? 

While you respond to that, please try these steps - HP Printers - How to Print Photos (Windows)

Also, try updating the printer's firmware - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have tried both the HP glossy photo paper that came with the printer as well as another generic glossy photo paper, and both produce green-tinted or washed out photos. I have tried printing from the HP Smart app from both my phone and PC with the same result. My firmware is already up to date

On another note, sometimes the printer doesn't recognize when photo paper has been loaded, perhaps only recognizing it after the 4th-5th attempt

HP Recommended

@BetaOx

Appreciate you trying the steps. I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding this.

Thanks! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

How do I do that? That link just takes me right back here to the HP Community site

HP Recommended

@BetaOx

I have sent you a private message with the contact information for HP Technical Support team. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Still no solution to this problem. I called HP support but it forced me to use virtual assistant since I didn't have a case number. After virtual assistant failed to solve the problem it redirected me back here to the community site and wouldn't give me a case number. Can I please get a case number so that I can speak to a human being? I've already used up 2 color cartridges after printing a dozen photos trying to fix this problem. Seriously considering using 3rd party service like Geek Squad since this site hasn't been helpful (warranty is expired anyway)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.