Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

HP Officejet 6500A Plus All in One.  Windows 7, 64 bit.  All photos are printing way too dark.  I've checked the cartridges, cleaned print head, set preferences -- adjusted everything I can think of.  Used to get excellent print quality but suddenly this change.  Can't think of any changes I made to the computer itself.  Any thoughts?  And thanks very much.  Thsi is driving me crazy!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Thanks for helping. I did NOTthink of printing as DRAFT; may have worked. But only a temporary solution vs. a fix, right? I finally gave up and changed the black ink cartridge, even though it was nearly new. With the new cartridge, photo printing returned to perfect. Now I am thinking I purchased a defective cartridge. Again, thaks for taking the time!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Sounds like you are having an issue with printing. Now where are you printing from? Have you tried adjusting the image in a program prior to pritning? Have you tried changing the print quality to Draft under printer preferences? 

Let me know!

-Spencer 

HP Recommended
Thanks for helping. I did NOTthink of printing as DRAFT; may have worked. But only a temporary solution vs. a fix, right? I finally gave up and changed the black ink cartridge, even though it was nearly new. With the new cartridge, photo printing returned to perfect. Now I am thinking I purchased a defective cartridge. Again, thaks for taking the time!
HP Recommended

I am glad you are back up and running, and if you ever have any further questions or issues I hope that you remember the experience you had here on the forums and know that me and my colleagues are here almost 24-7 to help support you and your needs.

I hope you are having a wonderful week, and I hope that the weather where you are located is as beautiful there as it is here!

-Spencer

HP Recommended

Help!!! I have a photosmart c6180 all printerheads are clean new hp ink in printer. When I run a test page and or copy a photo all colors and printing comes out fine. But when I try to use either KJodak photo program and or the hp photo program images come out darker and seem to have more red in the picture. Any advise on how to correct. I love this printer but not sure how to fix.

HP Recommended

Hi skatkat364,

I would like to help you with the print quality issue you are having. Follow the steps in this document on Wrong Colors.

Let me know if this helps or if you need any more assistance.

Thank you,

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended
We have an HP 7510E all in one printer. We use the HP e-print app from our iPad. After one of the upgrades to the app the pictures started coming out darker then appeared on our iPad. We have verified everything on the printer as being correct. You are very discouraged with the quality of the photos that we are printing. Any ideas?
HP Recommended

if printer is under guarantee, get it changed, as I have experienced the same problem, and changed the black cartridge twice, to no avail. I have wasted ink cleaning the heads, but that did not work, and setting the printer to 'draft' is only a temporary solution, and does not provide much of an improvement to dark prints

HP Recommended

This  link takes me to the home page.

HP Recommended

when I right click, there is no" draft" choice...where do I see draft changing the photo itself?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.