Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 6520
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Photosmart 6520 goes to sleep and will not wake up unless I unplug it.  Then it prints just fine until it goes to sleep again.  It will not respond to the power button either.  Auto sleep is disabled.  I have tired setting up an Airport Printer (due to possible issues with OS Catalina) but that does not print either once the printer goes into sleep mode.  Software/drivers are also current.  Nothing has changed with the printer and it used to wake up to print just fine (most of the time).  Now it will not wake up at all.....  Problems began with the Catalina upgrade.  It is tiresome to constantly unplug and plug in a printer, that used to be just fine, constantly.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

I set up a static IP and was optimistic but unfortunately after a few hours my printer is back to not waking up when touching the screen and/or power button.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.