Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Will the 7510 do double sided printing? If so, how to set-up?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes, it will do duplex (double sided) printing. When you install the HP Software that came with the printer you will see one of the icons is "HP Photosmart 7510 Series". Open that, click on Printer Preferences. The box that says Print on both sides will have "none" selected. Using drop down menu, select flip on short side OR flip on long side. You are then good to go. The printer prints first page, sucks the sheet back in, flips and prints next page and so on.

HD1832

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

Hi,

Its specs and its manual (c03011756.pdf) do not mention duplex printing that means no support.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Yes, it will do duplex (double sided) printing. When you install the HP Software that came with the printer you will see one of the icons is "HP Photosmart 7510 Series". Open that, click on Printer Preferences. The box that says Print on both sides will have "none" selected. Using drop down menu, select flip on short side OR flip on long side. You are then good to go. The printer prints first page, sucks the sheet back in, flips and prints next page and so on.

HD1832
HP Recommended
It does do duplex printing - one of it's fine strengths. See other post please.
HD1832
HP Recommended

I'm sorry but I cannot find any icon that says "HP Photosmart 7510 Series". In my Applications folder I have the following files;

Device Utilities (folder)

HP product improvement folder

HP Scan 3

HP Uninstaller

HP utility

HP wireless Print Center.webloc

Licenses (folder)

What have I missed?

HP Recommended

My HP Photosmart 7510 came with an installation CD Labled "HP PHOTOSMART 7510 series" for Windows XP, Vista, 7 - Version 24.1.0 or Mac OS X v10.5, v10.6 Version 12.10.0. The barcode on it has CQ877-10001 under it.

I am running Vista on this desktop that I installed on. The installation put the following icons on my Desktop:

HP ePrint Center - HP Photosmart 7510 series - (C:\Program Files\HP\HP Photosmart 7510 series)

HP Photosmart 7510 series - (C:\Program Files\HP\HP Photosmart 7510 series\Bin)

Shop for Supplies - HP Photosmart 7510 series - (C:\Program Files\HP\HP Photosmart 7510 series\Bin)

HP Photo Creations - (C:\Program Files\HP Photo Creations)

The newley created HP folder under Program Files contains the following four folders:

Common

Digital Imaging

HP Photosmart 7510 series

HP Software Update

I hope this helps

HD1832
HP Recommended

I was only suppled with  a message that said that there was no disc supplied since there was already an update available for Mac OS 10.7 which is what I am running. I downloaded the software from the HP site, installed it but do not have the files you have. I am also running Windows 7 Professional on this machine and have installed the 7510 on that OS but likewise do not have any of those accessories available anywhere.

HP Recommended

I don't know about the MAC but the installation disc I got is available on HP's Software & Driver downloads page. Put in the printer type (HP Photosmart 7510 series) , Operating system (Win 7 - 32 or 64 bit) and select Order Physical Media. They are listing the same disc I have. Good luck....

HD1832
HP Recommended

I would have guessed by now that you would have caught on to the fact that I am using a Mac. It doesn't make any difference how many Windoze files they have for the 7510. I am interested in double-sided printing under Mac OS 10.7.

HP Recommended

You are the one that said you were also running Win 7 Pro on this machine and didn't have the right stuff there either. I was just trying to assist if possible. The same installation disc is listed for Both Win & Mac OS.

HD1832
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.