Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I am having the same problems with my 7520, and i can not remember that i ever submitted a password for admin, neither can i find something in the usermanual about this. So please can i get the "fix" too?

HP Recommended

Wayne5,

Try the steps below.

1.  Go to the front panel of your printer.

2.  Select the wireless icon on your printer.

3.  Select Settings.

4.  Scroll and select restore network defaults.

5.  Select Ok to restore defaults.

6.  Now select wireless and go through the wireless setup wizard.

Try again to access printers EWS.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with the HP-7520.    Can't seem to log in.   i believe i forgot the password i set it to.

Any help or direction would be appreciated.

thanks,

HP Recommended
never mind. i just reset the wireless to fix it.

thanks.
HP Recommended
07-26-2013 12:48 PM

JoeTwoPointOh,

Try the steps above to reset.

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the white star under my name.

There's a great reason your reply has only 1 kudo. It doesn't solve the problem. In fact, now my 7520 has taken to turning itself off/on randomly at all hours. That is when it doesn't just suddenly go into failure mode with every light flashing and the screen otherwise blank. No matter who asks about these issues the first response always sends people off to troubleshoot their network rather than the printer(s) from HP. They used to have both CATV and Wifi, no wifi? Go CATV and problem solved! Need to fill the scanner bed with a dozen photos and scan them as separate images? Now impossible. Back in the late 80's HP built $500 printers that did all of these things and lasted years w/o failure. Now they're problematic OTF's! (Out of Box failures for those unfamiliar with what real customer service/repair used to be in the USA) This mess is simply ridiculous. Just look at the threads on most any HP products since they've been outsourced. 'Nuff said. (soapbox off)
HP Recommended

I have been through setup 3 times and called HP support to no avail. 

I have not set a password for admin or user.

Not able to log into security to make changes.

Any help would be appreciated.

HP Recommended

Have same promlem, have done the reset defaults 3 times. have redone setup 3 times. have uniinstalled all HP software . Cleaned  registry. Called Hp support, have no idea what I am talkig about. anybody have an answer.

HP Recommended

Hi wm91773,

I'm sorry to hear you are having such difficulties. 

The default password for the embedded web server is blank.  You should be able to just continue with the password blank.

If it is demanding a password then at some point a password was created for the embedded web server.  I tested the steps that garytech1 gives to Wayne5 above and was successful in removing the password. I did the testing with a Windows 8 laptop.

There is an alternative but it can be hit or miss, as Jon-W mentions in this post.  Even though he is discussing a Chromebox and a DeskJet 3050a the steps are the same.  I tested this method as well after putting a password on the embedded web server.  This method also removed the password.

Please come back to the Forums and let know if this resolves the issue.

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I finally reset printer to default and reinstalled printer with CD that came with printer instead of latest install from HP Support. It came up with option to set password, everything worked OK.

HP Recommended

Hi wm91773,

Thank you for letting me know that you were able to resolve the issue and the steps you took.

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.