Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Photosmart 7520
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Product: Hp Photosmart 7520

Wireless setup: Both the printer and the computer are connected wirelessly to an AT&T dual-band router which broadcasts both a 5GHz and 2.4GHz radio.

The bug:

When the printer and computer are both booted up, the printer is visible in OS X settings. For a few minutes, it will accept and print jobs. After a few minutes, however, the behavior changes. The printer is still visible to the computer, and I can send jobs to it. The print window displays a "Connecting to printer" message, and then "Printing." It then says "Printing <doc name> - 20%", and there it stops. The printer still says it is connected to the network and I can ping it, but I cannot load the configuration webpage in a browser.

Things I've tried so far:

- Uninstalling and reinstalling all HP drivers

- Using AirPrint instead of the HP driver

- Setting different SSIDs for the different radio frequencies on the router

- Setting fixed channels for the radios

- Setting a static IP address for the printer outside the DHCP range

- Setting a fixed DHCP allocation for the printer

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Update: I've been able to get stuff printing by connecting the computer to the 2.4GHz band rather than the 5GHz band. This suggests that the problem lies with the router and not the printer. I'll look for further help with ATT but if anyone has experience with dealing with something like this, let me know.

HP Recommended

Hi @wellmeaningson

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

• HP Photosmart 7520 printer supports only 2.4GHz network. So, the MAC and the printer should be on the 2.4GHz network.
  • As you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both the networks.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.