02-25-2012 07:39 AM
AFter downloading and running the software from the link, I still get the "USB cable not connected" message when I press the scan button. . Maybe I left out a step in the downoading/installing process. .Could you walk me through what I should do, step by step? Thanks
12-12-2012 09:23 PM
Same problem here on a Mac Book running OS 7.5. No problem printing but scanner reads USB not connected. HP site says no new drivers necessary and that Apple software takes care of it. NOT.
Used to run this printer/scanner on a PC but its worthless on this Mac unless one of you fine people can steer me in the right direction.
PS I have no HP Uninstaller on this computer.
02-19-2013 01:08 PM
Clearly the USB is connected if I can print, but the printer says "USB not connected" when I try to scan. I am using a macbook with OS X 10.5.8
I have used this scanner with this computer successfully in the past.
where is the usb port on the printer?
06-01-2013 02:27 PM
I found the solution for OS 10.8.3
1. open System Preferences
2. click Print & Scan
3. choose the HP Photosmart C4280 printer
4. Click "Scan" in the right pane at the top
5. Click "Open Scanner" (this will open a control panel for using the scanner on the printer device
6. Choose the destination for the scanned in the drop down
7. Click "Scan" in the scanner control panel
The printer should fire up and run the scanner.
03-08-2014 08:37 AM
OK, on another computer, running 10.6.8, I have Print& Scan, but there's no "right pane" after I choose the C4280.
What shall I do?
10-31-2014 09:06 AM
My name is Jonathan, too. I just wanted to let you know, I registered on this site specifically so I could thank you and give you kudos for this advice. Worked like a charm!
04-20-2016 10:25 AM
Hi, I followed all your instructions and the scanner DID work but now.....the scanned documents are nowhere to be found on my **bleep** computer!! (That is to say they are not in the location I TRIED to save them in.)
Please help. I'm going crazy here
- HP Printers - Minimum security settings for products on the open Internet
- HP Printers - AirPrint Print Job Does Not Print (iOS 11, Sierra, High Sierra)
- HP Printers - Cannot Print When One of the HP Ink Cartridges is Empty
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP Printers - Having Trouble Claiming Your Printer?