Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Photosmart C6150 All-in-One

Upon powering up the C6150, after the printhead moves across to the left side, I hear several loud clicks and then the "Clear Paper Jam" message displays. I have tried the suggestion on the HP site of unplugging the printer from wall while powered up, removing the ink cartridges and then restoring power. I have verified that the printer is clean and there is no paper jammed inside the printer. The power cable is the only cable connected to the printer as I print using Wifi.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@ScottK3

Welcome to HP support community.

If you have tried all the steps mentioned in this hp document:- Click here

And if the issue still persists, this could be a hardware issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I had already tried all the steps in the document that you sent. I had searched and found that and similar documents. I've now followed your steps for speaking to an HP support person. The option of speaking to a live person isn't available and I believe it's because my warranty has expired. I am about to conclude that I do indeed have a hardware problem and my printer is now a paper-weight - which is too bad because I think an HP printer expert may be able to tell me via email or phone what to fix on the printer.

Interestingly, after cleaning the rollers, replacing the rear door and running the 'printer align' and 'clean printhead' tools, I was able to print one report/sample page and then make a 1-page copy before the problem occurred again. So it is a somewhat intermittent problem although it occurs too often for the printer to be usable.

If you have any other suggestions, please let me know and thanks for the help.

HP Recommended

@ScottK3

Update the printer firmware

Here are the steps:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No new firmware available.

There was a new Mac driver software which I've installed - no help.

The loud clicking definitely sounds like a hardware problem (although in 1972, I did write software that made an IBM line printer sound pretty similar).

HP Recommended

@ScottK3

I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.