Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart D110a CN733A ePrint wireless all-in-one

Just thought this printer from Goodwill and it does everything except actual printing. Nothing comes out on the page. The printer says both black  andand color cartridges are more than halfway full and nothing comes out on the page. I did a factory reset on this printer and still nothing gets printed. Any help would be greatly appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@JohnK74

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Are you able to copy?

If you have printing issues, the printhead could be clogged. Follow these steps to run an automated tool to clean the printhead.

1. Load plain white paper in the input tray.

2. Touch the button () next to the Setup icon () in the lower-left corner of the control panel.

3. Touch the Right Arrow button () to select Tools, and then touch OK.

4. Touch the Right Arrow button () to select Clean Printhead, and then touch OK. The printer starts the cleaning process.

NOTE: 

Mechanical noises during the cleaning process are normal. A test page prints when the cleaning process finishes.

5. Review the print quality on the printhead test page. If the print quality is still unacceptable, follow the instructions to run a Second-level clean. You might need to clean the printhead several times to restore optimal print quality.

NOTE: 

To avoid issues that require cleaning, always turn the printer off with the Power button.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@JohnK74

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Are you able to copy?

If you have printing issues, the printhead could be clogged. Follow these steps to run an automated tool to clean the printhead.

1. Load plain white paper in the input tray.

2. Touch the button () next to the Setup icon () in the lower-left corner of the control panel.

3. Touch the Right Arrow button () to select Tools, and then touch OK.

4. Touch the Right Arrow button () to select Clean Printhead, and then touch OK. The printer starts the cleaning process.

NOTE: 

Mechanical noises during the cleaning process are normal. A test page prints when the cleaning process finishes.

5. Review the print quality on the printhead test page. If the print quality is still unacceptable, follow the instructions to run a Second-level clean. You might need to clean the printhead several times to restore optimal print quality.

NOTE: 

To avoid issues that require cleaning, always turn the printer off with the Power button.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you Betty, that helped a lot, at least for one of the cartridges. I ran that cleaning six times and it unclogged the black cartridge but not the color one.  I think the printer sat unused for so long at Goodwill that it hardened the ink in the color printer cartridge. I had to buy a brand new color cartridge and now everything works on it. Thank you so much Betty. You're awesome.

HP Recommended

I'm glad to hear that and you're most welcome. Do get back to us in the future for further assistance.

Have a nice day!:)

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Betty, I do have one more question. My PhotoSmart printer says it's wireless but I cannot get it to access my phone or vice versa since the only thing I have is my Android smartphone. I do not have any type of computer right now to interface with the printer. I have the Android 8.0 OS and it interferes with my HP LASERJET PRO MFP M225DW just fine. Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much and have a great day.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.