Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Photosmart Plus B209
Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks

My photosmart plus B209 printer will not connect to our wifi network since we moved to a new home and changed ISPs (and routers).  Before the move it worked fine.  Using macs (OS 10.9 and 10.11).  

Our new router works on 2.4 and 5.0GHz and uses wpa2 security.  I've tried re-installing the printer software and re-setting up the printer via usb, but my computer said the printer was already setup when I added it and never gave me the option to connect to wifi.  There is also no option to connect to a network in the printer utility. 

I've tried using the adhoc network to access the webUI for the printer.  However, when I run the network wizard and select finish, the process hangs up, times out, then I lose the connection.

Finally, I've tried the wps method using the pushbutton on my router.  When I do this, the printer counts down about 30 sec then exits the wps setup without establishing a connection.  I'm unable to use the pin method because I can't access that portion of my router settings without a password that my isp will not provide me.

That is all I can think of.  Does anyone have any other ideas?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@mrouk, Welcome to HP Support Community!

The printer is compatible with 2.4GHz network, ensure your computer and printer are connected to the same network.

Access the Wireless Setup Wizard through the printer control panel to establish a wireless connection between your printer and network.

1. From the home screen of your printer control panel, touch the Wireless icon

2. Touch the Setup icon

3. Touch Restore Network Defaults or Restore Network Settings, and then touch Yes to confirm your selection.

4. After the default network settings are restored, touch the back arrow, touch Wireless Settings, and then touch Wireless Setup Wizard.

The printer searches for available networks.

5. Touch the name of your wireless network.

6. If your wireless network does not display in the list of wireless networks, touch Enter New Network Name, and then type the name of your wireless network.

note:

Type the exact network name, including any uppercase and lowercase letters.

7. Type the WEP or WPA key (network password), and then touch Done.

If you do not know your network password, go to Find Your Wireless WEP, WPA, WPA2 Password..

Once the printer connects to the wireless network, the blue Wireless light on the control panel turns on solid.

8. If the printer fails to connect, print a Wireless Network Test Report, and then follow any instructions on the report to troubleshoot wireless connectivity problems. For more information, go to Using a Wireless Network Test Report.

Also, you can try the temporary USB connection method. Here is how you can do it-

1. Connect a USB cable to the USB port on the rear of the printer and to the computer.

2. Click the Apple menu, and then click System Preferences.

3. Depending on your OS version, click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.

4. Click the Plus sign, and then click Add Printer or Scanner.

Example of the Printers & Scanners window

5. Click the name of your printer with USB under Kind.

6. On the Use menu, select the name of your printer, and then click Add.

note:

AirPrint is the default driver. To access all printer features, including HP Utility, select the HP printer name.

7. Click the name of your printer, and then click Options & Supplies.

8. Click Utility, and then click Open Printer Utility.

Opening Printer Utility

9. In HP Utility, click Wireless Setup.

Wireless Setup in  HP Utility

10. Make sure your network displays on the Confirm Wireless Settings window, and then click Continue to complete the wireless configuration.

Confirm Wireless Settings window

11. If your network does not display on the Confirm Wireless Settings window, connect to the correct network.

1. Select No, I want to choose another network, and then click Continue.

A list of available wireless networks displays.

2. Select your wireless network from the list or type your network SSID in the Wireless Network Name field, and then type your network password in the Password field.

If you do not know your network password, go to Find Your Wireless WEP, WPA, WPA2 Password.

3. Click Continue.

12. After the network connection is configured, click Done, and then disconnect the USB cable from the printer and the computer.

Once the printer connects to the wireless network, the blue Wireless light on the control panel turns on solid.

13. In the Printers & Scanners or Print & Scan window, click the name of your printer, click the Minus sign, and then delete the USB installed printer.

14. Click the Plus sign, and then click Add Printer or Scanner.

15. Click the name of your printer with the text Bonjour listed under Kind, click the Use or Print Using box, and then select the name of your printer in the pop-up menu.

16. Click Add to add the printer to the list.

Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.