Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Follow all steps from document below regarding 0x error.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03081973

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

been there done that. about a hundred times now.

switching out cartridges and printerheads in between.

i think its time to throw these printers by the garbage and never ever buy hp again..

HP Recommended
I have same exact error. I don't have the setup cartridges and I have tried all other troubleshooting. Please send instructions please!!!
HP Recommended

Hi Cmarkel,

I understand that you're getting an error regarding setup cartridges on your printer. I will certainly do my best to help you with this.

Not know what steps you have tried I will recommend that you follow this Use Setup Cartridges document and it should be able to help resolve your issue.

Hopefully this helps, have a great day!!

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
I need that too. I have the same problem
HP Recommended
I dont have the setup cartriges, the private email may help me
HP Recommended

I have 4 OfficeJet 4620 printers, two of which are displaying the Use Setup cartridges message. I do not have setup cartridges. Can I please get some help.

HP Recommended

Would it be possible to have istruction on how to get setup cartridge and how to run factory reset?

My Printer show MFG Mode at power up but then it turns to the message windows "incompatible cartridge.. please use the setup cartridge that came with your printer...(more or less)".

Thanks!

HP Recommended

/i have the same issue can you send me the priv message

HP Recommended

Hi i have the same problem is yu could private message me the solution that would be great

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.