Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Photosmart Premium C410b

Having had problems with the wireless connection, I used one of the reset methods shared on your support website. Turns out, the problem was with the Internet service provider. However, now I am unable to use the printer as I am required to use the SETUP Cartridges which I no longer have. I can provide the Serial Number and the Product Number if need be. I need your help to get the printer working again.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@martinbalo

Thank you for posting back.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Let's try to perform an OOBE reset on the printer.

I have sent you a private message, to reset the printer that cannot be shared in a public post.

Can you please check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@martinbalo

Welcome to the HP support community.

Try the steps mentioned in this HP document to fix the issue:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Sandytechy20

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I've tried these steps but I'm afraid they don't seem to work (and when I go to HP Customer Support - Contact, I don't seem to be able to contact a real person unless I pay for a phone call). I get the same error message: Incompatible Ink Cartridge(s). Please use the SETUP Cartridges that came with your printer. I've been really satisfied with this printer but now I'm beginning to lose all my faith in HP. I most likely made a mistake when I factory reset the printer but I can hardly believe there isn't a workaround for this and now I've got to chuck the printer.

Kind regards,

Martin

HP Recommended

@martinbalo

Thank you for posting back.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Let's try to perform an OOBE reset on the printer.

I have sent you a private message, to reset the printer that cannot be shared in a public post.

Can you please check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Many thanks, it worked perfectly!

HP Recommended

@martinbalo

Good to know that issue is resolved.

Feel free to contact us in the future if you need any assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, 

Reset the printer

Reset the printer to recover from printer errors or failures.

1. If your printer has a rechargeable battery, remove it.

2. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.

3. Unplug the power cord from the power source.

4. Wait 60 seconds.

5. Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer.

NOTE: 

HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.

6. Turn on the printer to complete the reset.

Check ink levels and replace low or empty cartridges

Low ink levels can result in poor print quality or errors. HP recommends having replacement ink on hand when cartridges are low.

1. Check ink levels.

• From the printer control panel: Look for an ink drop, a cartridge icon, or an Ink Levels menu.

• From the HP Smart app: Open the HP Smart app. Estimated ink levels display on the Home screen.

• From the printer software: Open the printer software, and then click the Supplies or Ink Levels option.

• Ink Tank, Smart Tank, DeskJet GT printers: Look at the ink tank windows on the printer. Most printers with ink tanks have a minimum fill line.

2. If any of the cartridges or tanks are low on ink, or if you see a Low ink message, replace the low cartridge or refill the empty tank.

Clean the printheads or cartridges

Use a printhead or cartridge cleaning tool in the printer software or on the control panel to resolve errors and improve print quality.

Use this cleaning tool when you see streaks, smudges, or colored or white lines on printed pages.

• Control panel (printers with touchscreens only): From the Settings, Setup, or Tools menu, look for an option to clean the printheads or cartridges.

• HP Smart app (Windows 10, macOS, Android, iOS): In the app, click your printer, click Print Quality Tools, and then select the option to clean the printheads or cartridges.

• HP Printer Assistant (Windows): Click Maintain Your Printer, and then select the option to clean the printheads or cartridges.

• HP Utility (Mac): Click the option to clean the printheads or cartridges.

After the cleaning, evaluate the page that prints. You might need to clean the printheads or cartridges more than once.

JessikaV
HP Support Community Administrator

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.