Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I wish people wouldn't waste others' time by continually saying  'you can try'.  I have now looked into this and can confirm that the HP deskjet 970Cse driver will work with the P1000.  The 990c (wrongly given as the solution earlier in this thread) will not work, and this is also the case with the 970Cxi, which is mentioned on some threads on this topic in other places.  Also beware of some threads which direct you to a web link with supposed HP driver, which turns out to be a commercial site that offers to update all your PC drivers for a cash price. 

HP Recommended

I sucessfully installed Photosmart P1000 with driver HP Desk Jet 970Cse to Windows 7 by following your steps (Part I) and Part II; steps I  found at suport- amlabels -for moving unspecified item to the printer list. 

Note:  When I used HP Desk Jet 990C (do not use) it connected the printer to the computer but would send paper through without printing- DJ970Cse worked perfectly for me. 

Here's the whole process Part I, Part II, Part III. 

Note In part II I wasn't able to find the correct driver because I wasn't able to do windows update from there.  There may be an easier way to do this, but this worked:

Part I:  (to enable windows update)

1. Go to devices and printers,

2. click add printer,

3. Change LPT1 to USB port.

4. Click windows update (to load more drivers) -after loaded - Click HP (not Hewlett-Packard spelled out)and then clickDesk Jet 970Cse

5.  Following  all the directions through to finish (not alarmed that the test print doesn't work- this step is solely for the windows update to register for Part II- later you will uninstall this useless printer). 

Part II

A problem that can be encountered when installing your label printer on the Windows 7 operating system is that it will place it in the unspecified devices list, even after you believe you have installed the drivers correctly.

Now to remove it from the unspecified list, please follow these quick steps:

1. From the Windows taskbar, click the Windows icon ( ), right-click Computer , and then click Manage . The Computer Management window opens.
  2. Click Device Manager in the left pane of the Computer Management window under System Tools. A list of installed devices displays in the right pane of the Computer Management window.
  3. Right-click your product in the Other devices list, and then click Update Driver Software . A dialog box opens to locate the driver software.
  4. Click Browse my computer for driver software .
  5. Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer , and then click Next . The Add Printer Wizard opens.
  6. Under Manufacturer in the Install the printer driver window, click on your manufacturer .
  7. Under Printers , select the alternate driver for the product (listed in the table in the step to Determine the appropriate compatible driver ), and then click Next . An Update Driver Warning window opens.
  8. Click Yes to continue the driver installation.
  9. Pull up a document to print and select HP Desk Jet 970 Cse (copy 1).  It should print color and black. 
  10. Go to Part III to delete first printer installed. 

Your device will now be completely installed and ready to use.

If you need any further help or advice, please contact AM Labels on 01536 414 22201536 414 222 FREE  end_of_the_skype_highlighting

Part III

1.  Cancel test print from the first printer installed HP Desk Jet 970 Cse

2 . Uninstall HP Desk Jet 970 Cse   Do not uninstall (Copy 1)

3.  (Copy 1) will replace the uninstalled printer. 

I hope you have sucess quicker than I did- it took me two hours to finally combine these two processes and then I also had to restore my computer to an earlier version to start fresh after intalling HP JD 990C. 

HP Recommended

Photosmart p1000 Printer driver for windows 7

HP Recommended

drivers Phosmart p 1000 printer model C6723A S/N [edited Serial Number by Moderator] for windos 7

HP Recommended

Photosmart p1000 Printer MODEL C6723A S/N [edited Serial by Moderator]  driver for windows 7

EMERYT 91 JAR5E

HP Recommended

Hi WIodzimierz ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. I needed to edit your posts and remove the Serial Numbers. In accordance with our Rules of Participation:

Protect privacy - yours and others'. Don't share anything about yourself that you would not want to see on a road-side billboard. Don't post contact or other personal information-your own or anyone else's-or any content that you receive in one-to-one communications without the author's consent. For example, don’t post your computer’s serial # or contact information publicly, and do not allow someone you don’t know to remotely take control of your computer.

If you need people to contact you directly, either ask them to send you a private message or subscribe to the thread so you will be notified when there are replies. You may also click on your name anywhere in the forum and you will be taken to your profile page, where you can find a list of threads you have participated in.

Sharing personal email addresses, telephone numbers, and last names is not permited for your safety. If you have any questions feel free to send me a private message in reply.

Thank you
George

I work for HP
HP Recommended

I just tried this today. I feared that my antiquated but beloved printer (with a lot of backup ink) would need to go by the wayside in the absence of a driver.

I did need to click the windows update button to have the printer show up on the list. The 900 series is no longer available. The 1220 C works wonderfully. I did restart my system before the test page would print.

Thank you!

Happy printing!

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you sooo0oo, so, so much !!!

I searched for days for a work around and installed and uninstalled many other drivers to be able to use the HP Photo Smart P1000 on Windows 10 Pro and it now "works". You are the best !!!

I used the driver for the HP Desk Jet 970Cse.

Thanks again !!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.