Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
photosmart 5510
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My photosmart printer has suddenly stopped printing.

The wifi light isn't flashing and the test page says it is connected to the network with no problems but both my ipad and laptop can't find the printer and say it is offline.

I have resterted the router, printer, laptop etc, run the print and scan doctor as well. Nothing at all has changed on the wifi, laptop or ipad. It was struggling to connect to the wifi yesterday and is taking a bit longer than usual to connect but apart from that it looks perfectly fine.

Please help.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Anyone??????????

is there at least someone who I can call, I know I can but a new one but I don’t want to send it to landfill

HP Recommended

@memememelala

Welcome to HP support community.

Assign manual IP address and that should fix the issue.

On the Wireless Settings menu, use the down arrow to scroll through options, and then touch Display Network Configuration or Print Wireless Test Report.

Setting a Static IP Address

Once you know your printer’s IP address, entering it is pretty easy. Here’s what you do:

HP Printer Static IP Address

1. Run your Web browser.
  2. In the Web browser’s address bar, type the IP address of your printer and press Enter. Assuming you entered the right address, the HP printer control panel should appear.
  3. Click the Networking tab.
  4. Under Connections, click Wireless.
  5. Under IP Address Configuration, click Manual IP.
  6. Enter the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway in the appropriate boxes.
  7. Click Apply.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hi, I casn get as far as step 4 then the options I have look nothing like the options that you are showing me.

At step 4 I have the following under wireless:-

1.Status

2.Wireless setup wizard

3.Advanced

Please help!

HP Recommended

I have found where I need to enter the information but it hasnt worked.

When I click on network status now on my laptop it says network error. check network and try again. It says printer is offline

HP Recommended

@memememelala

This might require remote access of the computer to fix the issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.