Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Where is the WPS PIN, please?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@FALSALEH

Thank you for joining the HP Support Community

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Could you please help me with the product number of your printer and operating system you are running on your PC to assist you better.

Meanwhile, try the steps recommended below.

WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) – WPS has two modes to connect devices together over a wireless connection. One is called "pushbutton" and the other is called "PIN". Pushbutton is by far the easiest method. We will describe how to connect using the WPS push button method, but not the PIN method.

For instructions on starting WPS on your printer consult your printer's manual. However, there are some conditions that need to be met in order to use WPS pushbutton mode:

Both your printer and wireless router must support WPS pushbutton mode. Consult your printer and wireless router manuals.
The wireless router must have a physical WPS pushbutton available.
Your network must use WPA or WPA2 security. Most WPS wireless routers will not connect using the WPS method if WEP or no security is used.
Most WPS wireless routers will not connect using the WPS method if you are using the manufacturer’s default for the network name and no security.
To connect your wireless printer to your wireless router using WPS:

Start the WPS pushbutton mode on your printer. 
For instructions on starting WPS on your printer, consult your printer's manual.
Within 2 minutes, press the WPS button on your router.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.