Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP officejet 7612 all-in-one wide format printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

One minute my HP Officejet 7612 all-in-one wide format printer is printing amazing quality photos and the next they are pale  and fuzzy. I'm using Windows 10. I've used the print doctor and I've gone through all 8 "solutions" at https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-7610-wide-format-e-all-in-one-series/5153788/model.... I tried using the virtual assistant but it kept directing me to the above link. I use HP Advanced photo paper and I set the printer preferences accordingly. I've tried printing from Word and from my image software that I use all the time, "Silhouette Studio" I've also printed directly from Windows by clicking on the photo in Windows Explorer. I changed out two ink cartridges that were low, but not empty just to see if that would help and it didn't (so now I've wasted the ink.) I use genuine HP ink. The test pages look fine with no streaks, solid color blocks, connected lines and bold, sharp text. I'm at a loss and I NEED my printer for a business that I have in which I make personalized photo cupcake toppers. Please help!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I also tried doing a hard reset (unplugging the power cord) and I cleaned the print heads. I tried changing the paper setting to see if there was a difference and there wasn't. 

HP Recommended

@cgraceg Greetings from the HP Community!

Open the print window and document properties to set up the print job.

1. Before printing, edit the photo to improve colors, brightness, contrast and any other appearance settings.

2. Right-click the photo, select Open with, and then select Windows Photo Viewer or Paint.

NOTE: 

For Windows 10, open the photo with Paint to use these steps. Windows Photo Viewer does not come with Windows 10 and was replaced by the Photos app.

3. Click Print, File, or the menu icon  (Paint), then click Print.

The Print or Print Pictures window opens with general print job settings.

4. Open the printer Document Properties window to access more print settings.

• In the Print Pictures window in Windows Photo Viewer, click Options..., and then click Printer Properties....

• In the Print window in Paint, click Preferences.

HP Document Properties window with settings tabs and the Advanced settings button

Once done, use the below image to select the best quality and let me know if that works:

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.